Friday, October 15, 2010

1978

I've come to several realizations this week. The first of which is that dragons are real, they are just extinct. We can talk about this later.
The second of seems to be a more pressing issue: Time Travel is also real...Absotlutely, Undeniably, Real.
You may be wondering how I know this...Well, I will tell you how. A few days ago, my dear friend and I were enjoying our usual lunch outside. Across the sidewalk we saw this dude who I swear had just Quantum Lept out of 1978. No joke. He was reading a newspaper, which even after approaching him to tell him he had great hair(to which he very graciously, but soft-spokenly said "thank you so much. Thanks. Thank you." while sort of nodding his head), I could not get close enough to see the date on. He was also reading a World Literature book, which I'm pretty positive was published in 1973. Well. Little did I know, this would not be the last time I saw him. About an hour later, he showed up in the library...Naturally, I hid from him so that I wouldn't have to acknowledge the fact that I told him he had "great hair" just to look at his newspaper (*note: he really did have great hair though).
At any rate, he was back in action (aka in the library) the next day. He totally recognized me but didn't say anything about it. He then used the phrase "technology," which just further leads me to believe he Time Traveled.
I spotted him in here again today. I thought I'd be able to hide from him, but unforunately I was dazzled by his water bottle, which had an American Flag shaped like America on it, and he saw me.
Now, I know you are dying to know what this kid looks like, so I will tell you. Every time I have seen him, he has been wearing a soft-looking button up shirt, which is some shade of dark brown, and slightly flared jeans. Even better? He looks like a cross between young James Taylor (with hair, of course) and Jim Croce's mustache. Yea. That's right...Pure, 1978, Magic.

3 comments:

The Taylor Family said...

That's amazing.

aram said...

very good! i like it very much

Britt said...

i know of whom you speak. i have seen him as well. i am not trying to "one up" you. promise.